Provides 10-year sealed lithium battery and digital display. Never Change a Battery. CO Alarm Lasts 10 Years.
Kidde Worry-Free Digital Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Kidde Worry-Free carbon monoxide (CO) alarms offer 10 years of continuous detection from the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America – carbon monoxide. The UL-listed alarms are the first and only models to contain a 10-year sensor as well as a sealed-in lithium battery proven to power the alarm for a decade. These two state-of-the-art technologies combine to create a premier level of protection. Digital Display Screen clearly shows the level of CO in that room and updates the reading every 15 seconds. Homeowners have peace of mind knowing their CO alarm is always on, and they never have to be hassled by low-battery chirps or battery replacement. Until now, a CO sensor operated for five to seven years, based on the manufacturer. The Worry-Free alarms last nearly twice as long as the average model.
Long-Life Sealed Lithium Battery: Why It’s Needed
Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 72,000 CO poisoning incidents, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Known as the ‘silent killer,’ carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and invisible. The only safe way to detect it is with a working CO alarm. Industry surveys find approximately half of U.S. homes have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, most of those are battery-operated. A recent survey conducted on behalf of Kidde found homeowners’ number one fire safety complaint is a low battery chirp.
Worry Free Benefits
The C3010D carbon monoxide detection unit provides one decade of protection; the sealed lithium batter provides 10 years of continuous power. It is also both maintenance-free and hassle-free; never replace a battery during the alarm’s operating life and no need to worry about the batteries being removed. Additionally, this Worry Free unit is the longest sensor life available and is proven effective for ten years with quick and easy installation by simply sliding the alarm onto the mounted bracket which activates it automatically. Money savings: no batteries to buy and replace every six months, save up to $40 over the life of the alarm.
What’s in the box
One single Kidde Worry-Free Digital Carbon Monoxide Alarm. A ten-year limited warranty.
- Digital Display Screen clearly shows the level of CO in that room and updates the reading every 15 seconds
- UL Listed – tested by an independent nonprofit testing agency to ensure it meets the US standard
- 85 decibel alarm – loud enough to wake the average sleeping adult
- Nighthawk electro-chemical sensor, which is proven to be the world’s most accurate based on claims by major manufacturers
- Test-Reset Button tests the alarm circuitry and horn, resets memory after alarm has sounded
- End-of-life signal chirps every 30-45 seconds when alarm needs to be replaced – approximately 10 years after power
- Deactivation switch disables the alarm and makes the batteries safe for disposal once the unit has reached the end of its 10-year life
- Tamper resistant feature prohibits a disabled alarm from being placed back onto the mounting bracket
- 10-Year Limited Warranty lasts the life of the alarm
LED Lights – Green for normal operation, Red for alarm, Amber for Error.
Digital Display – Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing. The unit updates this reading every 15 seconds.
10-Year Sealed-in Lithium Batteries -Unit will continue to operate for 10 years. Alerts user to replace unit after 10 years of operation.
Peak Level Memory – Displays the highest CO concentration measured since the last reset.
Test/Reset -Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm.